Wendy Reed is a small business and charitable Corporation founder who worked in business finance and legal compliance. In Congress she will help reverse the war on small business and government’s recent preference for Corporate monopolies.
Instead of MONEY and POWER that too often drive the incumbent’s votes, Wendy will work for the PEOPLE of CA23.
Wendy has spent 30 years in our district, engaging people in government processes and advocating for health, safety, and property rights with local, county, state and federal agencies. Reed holds a BA from CSU Bakersfield and a Master of Public Administration from CSU Northridge. She has been married 27 years to Wendal Reed and they have a grown son. Reed is a part-time Administrator of the local land conservancy, a charitable corporation she helped found in 2005.
- Stakeholder Committee, Antelope Valley Integrated Regional Water Management Plan 2009-2013; including Antelope Valley Flood Committee 2013 and Climate Change Committee 2012
- Director, Antelope Valley Conservancy 2005-2012
- Mojave Desert Climate Change Adaptation Workshop, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center 2011
- Mojave Environmental Education Consortium 2009-2011
- Antelope Valley Illegal Dumping Task Force 2008-2011
- Association of Rural Town Councils 2006-2011
- Off-Highway Vehicle Dialogue Advisory Committee, Los Angeles County Dept. of Parks and Recreation 2009-2010
- Trails Policy Project Committee, Antelope Valley Conservancy in collaboration with National Parks Service Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program 2007-2008
- Open Space Working Group, Southern California Association of Governments 2006-2007
- Citizens Advisory Committee, Trails and Open Space, City of Lancaster 2006
- Associate Director, Antelope Valley Resource Conservation District 2002-2006
- Off-Road Pals, Police Activities League, Hungry Valley SVRA 2003
- Election Precinct Official, Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder 1994-2001
- National Recreational Trails Fund Grant Selection Committee-CA (appointed) 1996-98
- Citizen Design Committee, Prime Desert Woodland Preserve 1991-1993